Custody Attorney in Mission Viejo CA
You’ve found the right Custody Attorney in Mission Viejo CA
No parent wants to find out that they can’t spend time with their children. An experienced custody attorney in Mission Viejo CA has seen it all, from people working through a divorce, to situations involving uncertain paternity, and even grandparents fighting for the right to see their grandchild. We believe that everyone deserves to know what their rights are and to have an attorney who will fight for theirs. This is what you can expect when you work with Law Office of Michael L. Fell.
Work with a custody attorney in Mission Viejo CA who will make sure the judge has all the information
In the event that paternity is in question, or you’re divorcing, then it is possible to come up with your own custody agreement. You simply have to agree to it, submit it to the judge, and wait for it to be approved. The bad news is that many couples can’t find a compromise that works best for both of them. This is why they contact a custody attorney in Mission Viejo CA to help.
If a judge is the one that makes the decision about how custody / visitation / etc. will be split up, then they will consider six major factors including:
- How healthy the parents are and their level of physical fitness.
- How long the child has been living where they are currently living, how stable that place is, and whether it’s a situation that can continue.
- The ability of either parent to offer the child stability.
- What the child prefers (if they’re of a certain age).
- How able either parent is to meet the development needs of the child.
- Criminal convictions or accusations of domestic violence.
You will appreciate that when you decide to work with Law Office of Michael L. Fell as your custody attorney in Mission Viejo CA, we will fight for your rights. We will make sure the judge has everything they need to see how capable you are. We work with folks all the time who can act as expert witnesses, including child psychologists and social workers.
The many types of custody in California
There are a number of custody and visitation options available in California. When you contact your custody attorney in Mission Viejo CA, they will go over all the options and help you decide what will work best for your situation. Some examples of custody and visitation include:
- Legal custody. In most cases, both parents share legal custody, which means they can make legal decisions for the child.
- Physical custody. This refers to where the child actually spends their time. Joint physical custody can be arranged, though it’s not always 50/50.
- Uncontested custody. If both parties can agree to a visitation and custody agreement that works for everyone, then it’s considered uncontested custody.
- Contested custody disputes. If you believe that you can’t come up with custody with the co-parent then you may have to pursue legal action.
- Supervised visitation. Sometimes supervised by a custodial parent, other times by a social worker, supervised visitation protects the child but still allows them access to their loved one.
When you contact Law Office of Michael L. Fell at (949) 585-9055 for your free legal consultation, you can count on us to go over all your custody and visitation options.