Custody Lawyer in Newport Coast CA
The importance of working with a custody lawyer in Newport Coast CA
The chance of being denied contact with your child is a terrifying thing to live through. Whether it’s the result of a pending divorce, a paternity dispute, or something else, if you need a custody lawyer in Newport Coast CA then you’ll be happy to know that Law Office of Michael L. Fell is here to help. We know how difficult this is. We know that you want to understand what your rights are and that you need an attorney who will do whatever is necessary to get you the fair custody agreement you deserve.
Work with a custody lawyer in Newport Coast CA who will make sure the judge has all the information
In the event that paternity is in question, or you’re divorcing, then it is possible to come up with your own custody agreement. You simply have to agree to it, submit it to the judge, and wait for it to be approved. The bad news is that many couples can’t find a compromise that works best for both of them. This is why they contact a custody lawyer in Newport Coast CA to help.
If a judge is the one that makes the decision about how custody / visitation / etc. will be split up, then they will consider six major factors including:
- How healthy the parents are and their level of physical fitness.
- How long the child has been living where they are currently living, how stable that place is, and whether it’s a situation that can continue.
- The ability of either parent to offer the child stability.
- What the child prefers (if they’re of a certain age).
- How able either parent is to meet the development needs of the child.
- Criminal convictions or accusations of domestic violence.
You will appreciate that when you decide to work with Law Office of Michael L. Fell as your custody lawyer in Newport Coast CA, we will fight for your rights. We will make sure the judge has everything they need to see how capable you are. We work with folks all the time who can act as expert witnesses, including child psychologists and social workers.
We can help you understand the many options in California custody
Many people don’t realize that fighting for custody doesn’t always mean the same thing to everyone. You may contact a custody attorney in Newport Coast CA because you want your child to live with you full time, while another person may call us because they want to begin supervised visitation. The good news is that we will listen closely to your needs, get the facts about your case, and offer our best advice on what type of custody you should work towards.
Some of the custody options that may be available to you include:
- Legal custody in which you’re able to make legal decisions for the child, such as where they go to school and who their doctor is.
- Physical custody in which the child spends a specific percentage of time with you.
- Uncontested custody in which you and the other involved parties agree on visitation / custody.
- Contested custody dispute in which you pursue legal action to have access to the child
- Supervised visitation in which the custodial parent, another adult, or even a social worker supervises the visit.
If you’re ready to pursue a child custody case then we welcome to contact Law Office of Michael L. Fell at (949) 585-9055 for a free legal consultation.