Custody Lawyer in Laguna CA
The importance of working with a custody lawyer in Laguna CA
The chance of being denied contact with your child is a terrifying thing to live through. Whether it’s the result of a pending divorce, a paternity dispute, or something else, if you need a custody lawyer in Laguna CA then you’ll be happy to know that Law Office of Michael L. Fell is here to help. We know how difficult this is. We know that you want to understand what your rights are and that you need an attorney who will do whatever is necessary to get you the fair custody agreement you deserve.
You need a custody lawyer in Laguna CA who will get all the relevant information to the judge
In the perfect world, paternity would be established and a divorce would be uncontested. In that situation, the relevant parties could make up their own custody agreement and get it approved by a judge. For the rest of world who must fight this battle in court, there is us. If a judge is going to make a decision about the care of a child, they will take into account a number of things. They include:
- How healthy the child’s parents are.
- Whether either parent has a criminal history and whether there have been accusations of domestic violence.
- Where the child is living now, how stable it is, and whether it can continue.
- The ability of both parents to provide a stable environment.
- If the child is of a certain age, then their preference may be taken into consideration.
- The ability of the parents to meet the developmental needs of the child.
These are not issues that you want to take on your case. You want the judge to know all the best things about you and to have any negative points but into perspective. That’s what you can expect from Law Office of Michael L. Fell when you hire us as your custody attorney in Laguna CA.
We can help you understand the many options in California custody
Many people don’t realize that fighting for custody doesn’t always mean the same thing to everyone. You may contact a custody attorney in Laguna CA because you want your child to live with you full time, while another person may call us because they want to begin supervised visitation. The good news is that we will listen closely to your needs, get the facts about your case, and offer our best advice on what type of custody you should work towards.
Some of the custody options that may be available to you include:
- Legal custody in which you’re able to make legal decisions for the child, such as where they go to school and who their doctor is.
- Physical custody in which the child spends a specific percentage of time with you.
- Uncontested custody in which you and the other involved parties agree on visitation / custody.
- Contested custody dispute in which you pursue legal action to have access to the child
- Supervised visitation in which the custodial parent, another adult, or even a social worker supervises the visit.
If you’re ready to pursue a child custody case then we welcome to contact Law Office of Michael L. Fell at (949) 585-9055 for a free legal consultation.