Custody Attorney in Laguna CA
Don’t settle for anyone but the best custody attorney in Laguna CA
No parent wants to find out that they can’t spend time with their children. An experienced custody attorney in Laguna CA has seen it all, from people working through a divorce, to situations involving uncertain paternity, and even grandparents fighting for the right to see their grandchild. We believe that everyone deserves to know what their rights are and to have an attorney who will fight for theirs. This is what you can expect when you work with Law Office of Michael L. Fell.
Your custody attorney in Laguna CA can ensure the family law judge has all the facts
If the paternity and / or divorce is uncontested, then you can make your own custody agreements, submit them to a judge, and have them be enforceable. Unfortunately, this is often not an option and a custody attorney in Laguna CA is necessary. Whether you’re a parent, grandparent, stepparent, etc., if you have a strong emotional bond with the child in question and can’t reach an agreement with their other parent, then you may need to take the case to a judge.
When the judge decides on the case, they will consider a number of factors. They include:
- The health of both parents and their physical fitness.
- How long the child has lived in their current environment, how stable that environment is, and whether that arrangement can continue.
- How able either parent is to provide stability for the child.
- The preference of the child.
- The parents’ ability to meet the developmental needs of the child.
- Any prior criminal history or history of domestic violence.
When you choose Law Office of Michael L. Fell as your custody attorney in Laguna CA, you’re choosing an attorney who fill fight tirelessly to ensure that the judge has all the evidence they need to make the right decision on your case. We’ve worked for years with social workers, child psychologists, and others who can help create a full picture of what’s best for your child.
We can help you understand the many options in California custody
Many people don’t realize that fighting for custody doesn’t always mean the same thing to everyone. You may contact a custody attorney in Laguna CA because you want your child to live with you full time, while another person may call us because they want to begin supervised visitation. The good news is that we will listen closely to your needs, get the facts about your case, and offer our best advice on what type of custody you should work towards.
Some of the custody options that may be available to you include:
- Legal custody in which you’re able to make legal decisions for the child, such as where they go to school and who their doctor is.
- Physical custody in which the child spends a specific percentage of time with you.
- Uncontested custody in which you and the other involved parties agree on visitation / custody.
- Contested custody dispute in which you pursue legal action to have access to the child
- Supervised visitation in which the custodial parent, another adult, or even a social worker supervises the visit.
If you’re ready to pursue a child custody case then we welcome to contact Law Office of Michael L. Fell at (949) 585-9055 for a free legal consultation.