Father’s Right’s Attorney in Irvine CA

Discover how a father’s rights attorney in Irvine CA can protect your rights

It wasn’t long ago that when a man and woman split up, it was almost guaranteed that the woman would get custody of the children. The best the man could hope for was visitation or partial custody. Fortunately, this is not the world we live in today. Today, the courts in California are legally required to decide custody and other child issues based on what’s best for the child in question. Learn more and then reach out to a father’s rights attorney in Fountain Valley CA.

How to establish paternity without a father’s rights attorney in Irvine CA

If a man and woman are married at the time a child is born, then that child is legally considered his child. If a man and a woman aren’t married but are living together as a family when a child is born, and the man demonstrates commitment to the child, then that man is legally considered the father. If neither of these things are true then paternity can get trickier.

There’s one simple way to establish paternity without calling on a father’s rights attorney. It involves a Voluntary Declaration of Paternity, which is a form both the mother and father sign to demonstrate that the man in question is the father. It is binding as soon as it’s signed but the father does have a further 60 days to ask for a paternity test. If that doesn’t happen then he is the legal father.

How to establish paternity with a father’s rights attorney in Irvine CA

In the event that none of the situations above apply to the situation, then the father will need to contact a father’s rights attorney in Irvine CA and go through the courts. There are a number of people who are able to ask for a paternity order, including the mother, a man who thinks he’s the father, a man who has been identified as a potential father, an adoption agency, and any child support agency the mother is working with.

When the child in question is not yet 12, then they’re not a party in the case. If they’re older than 12 they are a party in the case. In both situations, the courts will assign a “guardian ad litem” which is there to look out for the child and their best interests. The judge is able to require the potential father to take a paternity test and if he refuses then the judge can consider that he is then the father.

The non-custodial parent is potentially responsible for a variety of things

If you’re a father who wants custody of your child, then Law Office of Michael L. Fell is here to help. If you’re a father who has custody but needs help obtaining child support, medical costs, etc. for your child, then we can help. If you’re a man who’s accused of being a father and you want to find out what your options are, then talking to a father’s right attorney in Irvine CA is a good idea.

We believe that every father has the exact same rights as the mother. If you’re a father who isn’t getting fair access to your child, or you’re worried that you won’t in the future, then it’s time to contact Law Office of Michael L. Fell at (949) 585-9055 for your free legal consultation.