Child Support

Don’t settle for an unfair child support order. Get help from the Law Office of Michael L. Fell.

Under California law, both parents have the responsibility to participate in providing for their child’s basic needs including housing, education, health care, clothing, and more. Unfortunately, not all parents live up to this responsibility. And even when parents do share childcare costs, they may disagree about how much each needs to contribute. Fortunately, the Family Court has the ability to make and enforce child support orders to clarify each parent’s responsibilities and make sure the child receives the financial support they need and deserve.

We Will Help You Fight for Fair Child Support

In California, child support is based on a specific formula called the Guideline Calculation Formula. This formula takes into account a variety of factors about your family situation, such as:

  • Time child spends with each parent
  • Gross income of each parent
  • Tax filing status of each parent
  • Child care costs

As your child support attorney, we will carefully analyze the facts of your case and help you understand what amount of support is reasonable and justified for you to seek. We can then help you gather the necessary evidence to support your position and give you the best possible chance of achieving your goals.

Need Help with Late Child Support Payments?

Whether you are the parent receiving child support or the one providing it, late payments can be a serious problem. Fortunately, as your child support attorney we can help in either case.

If you are owed child support, we can help you take legal action against your co-parent. For example, we may be able to get the court to garnish their wages or find other methods of making their child support arrears current. The court may also apply punitive measures such as suspending their drivers’ license.

If you are having trouble making your child support payments, you need to contact an attorney ASAP. In the case of a temporary problem, we can help you work with your local child support agency to create a plan that will allow you to catch up on what you owe. If you have lost your job or suffered some other permanent change to your ability to pay support, we can help you petition for a modification of your child support agreement to permanently reduce your payments.

Call Now to Learn More

If you are in need of representation or advice for a child support issue, please do not hesitate to contact the Law Office of Michael L. Fell at (949) 585-9055 . We will be happy to set up a free initial consultation with our experienced family law attorney, Rita Liu.

Child Support