Do Not Face the Office of Student Conduct on Your Own: Talk to an Attorney Who Can Help

Posted on: January 9, 2020

Do Not Face the Office of Student Conduct on Your Own: Talk to an Attorney Who Can Help

If you are being asked to have an interaction with the Office of Student conduct, you should first talk to an attorney. Keep reading to find out why this may be more serious than you think, and how a criminal defense attorney can help. Then contact Law Office of Michael L. Fell at (949) 585-9055 for a free legal consultation.

The Potential Penalties You Could Face Are Serious

One of the most important things for you to remember is that this is no joke – it is extremely serious. While the specific punishment will vary based on what you are charged with and the specifics of your case, you could be looking at paying restitution, being expelled from school for good, losing your financial aid, being suspended for a period of time, being denied access to the campus, and being put on disciplinary probation.

If your case is also a criminal offense then you should know that the punishment may not begin and end with your school – you could also face criminal charges that come with fines, probation, and even time in jail or prison.

We Will Help You Stand Up for Your Rights

The best way to ensure that you are protected from unnecessarily harsh penalties during your hearing is to ensure that you have talked to an attorney as early in the process as you possibly can. We have worked with the Office of Student Conduct at a number of universities in California, and with local police departments.

We have helped students facing accusations of Title IX violations, academic dishonesty, and drug and alcohol policy violations. We can help with charges or accusations involving hazing, vandalism, theft, misuse of computer facilities, and other types of conduct violations.

We Know You Want to Resolve Your Case as Quickly as You Can with the Best Results Possible

Your goals when it comes to resolving your case are very simple: To get it resolved as quickly as you can while also getting the most advantageous results. Once you are referred to the Office of Student Conduct, there are a few ways you can find an acceptable resolution before you head for a formal hearing. It is important to get this right the first time because you cannot appeal the decision of the University President.

At Law Office of Michael L. Fell we will ensure you go into the first meeting with a plan. We will ensure you know the best way to reduce the consequences. The next step is to contact us at (949) 585-9055 for a free legal consultation. We will carefully consider all your options and ensure that you are empowered with everything you need to move forward.